Here are 9 ways Matthew shows his love to us (at 7.5yo):
- Finds any opportunity to lie down on my lap, close his eyes and wear a blissful smile on his face.
- Lets me call him “Matt” instead of “Matthew”. Only his father and I are “allowed” to do so.
- Endures my habit of ruffling his thick crop of hair ever so frequently. I once asked if he was okay with me doing so. He replied with a simple “I know you like to do that, Mum. It’s okay.”
- Tells me enthusiastically about the latest “Minecraft” parody I must watch on YouTube. Then remind me daily till we set a date to watch it together.
- Gets his grandparents to buy us each a “Minecraft” pickaxe keychain and sees for himself that I’ve hung it exactly where I said it’ll be.
- Slips his not-so-little-anymore hand into mine while walking whenever he feels like it.
- Writes little pieces of notes reminding us to do things like “must drink” the tea his PoPo brewed for us.
- Massages our shoulders whenever he thinks we need it without being asked.
- Demands that equal, if not more, amount of bonding time be spent on him too.